Although Internet Explorer is clipping the page in a weird way so you can’t make out all the numbers, this is my latest progress into updating my Guild Wars Hall of Monuments. I spent last week finishing up the items for my Black Moa Chick incubator (including fighting dozens of skales that wouldn’t drop a single fin), and Saturday I braved Sorrow’s Furnace for the final moment of triumph.
You may laugh, but I really mean “braved”; I have pretty bad anxiety about failure and my palms were sweating every time I passed that red zone barrier! No thanks to you, High Priest Alkar.
Having achieved the one-two punch of attaining both my unique miniature point and my 30th mini point, I had also re-acquired (post hack) enough gold to finally buy myself a Destroyer weapon for my third point of the week.
And that’s where I sit today. I’m not sure what I want to pursue for the last two points I’m going to try to acquire before returning to “playing for fun.” I put that in quotes because although I am pursuing some goals and in some very real ways, farming for gold to achieve them – and although Mr. Randomessa is teasing me about having created a spreadsheet of my miniature collection – I don’t feel like I’m grinding at all. I think I went on 10 farming runs for the bog skale fins and that was the worst of it. I managed to finish Sorrow’s Furnace in one go (er… though I did read the Wiki). I’m vanquishing areas I never vanquished before.
It’s the last two points that worry me:
- I could hang around in Kamadan for days and try to buy up the remaining 20 miniatures, but more than five minutes of that drives me crazy (how’s that selling white minis for 20k working out for you?).
- I could buy up two more Destroyer weapons to get one point for having 5 weapons (at 6 medals of honor, and 25 War Supplies per, I don’t think I’m going to make a go at a third Oppressor weapon)
- I could do challenge missions on my Elonian character who’s completed the campaign for increased drop rates and increase my 11 out of 20 companion statues, as well as Glint’s challenge on my main for Cloths of the Brotherhood
- I could save up for Luxon or Kurzick armor, except that I don’t like the Ele or Assassin armors and I don’t want to run another character through the campaign just for the armor
- I could keep my fingers crossed that Mr. Randomessa sticks with GW this time around and we are able to acquire some other fun stuff together
I’m leaning towards a bit of the last item, coupled with the challenge missions to see what hero armors I can gather. I think that way leads to the least amount of burnout, and I won’t be buying things I don’t really care for (prestige weapons I don’t use, armors I don’t like) just for the points.
I have to say, I’m excited. I’m so doggone proud of my Black Moa chick.